What We Do
We support our community through:
- Service Projects
- Service Leadership Clubs in our schools.
Some of our Service Projects include:
- Bingo support on Saturdays at the Berlin Nursing Home
- Staffing the Blood Bank's canteen every quarter
- Creating and installing OPA Fire/Police-Approved House Number Signs
- Shopping for four families every Christmas in partnership with Worcester G.O.L.D.
- Providing judges for Showell Elementary Schools Science and Art-Essay Contests
- Creating companion dolls for aging seniors in nursing homes and senior care facilities
- Providing countless bell ringing hours on behalf of the Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign
- Assisting Diakonia with managing the inventory they receive daily by sorting, packaging and storing donations
- Providing hands-on support to 4 Steps Therapeutic Riding program
- Meals on Wheels treats for Veterans and the aging at Easter, Valentine's Day and Christmas
- Annual Toy Drive
- Annual Food Drive
- Winter Coat Drive
and many, many more!
How We Get it Done - Fundraising is its name; hard work plus lots of fun is the game!
- Three times a year, we host community pancake breakfasts - good food, good prices, great comradery!
- Our Kiwanis Dawg Team supports Ocean Pines Parks & Recs Dept.events with a concession stand selling hot dogs, beverages and snacks....can't beat the quality nor the price!
- Additionally, we offer themed dinners annually (Spaghetti Dinners, Wine Tasting, etc.) duck race raffle bingo events, fruit sale packages at Christmas andmany, many more!
Where It Goes - The Kids, the kids, the kids!
- Our 501(c)3 investment account provides annual scholarship awards to graduating seniors in Worcester County.
- We fund five Service Leadership Clubs and one Aktion Club for adults with disabilities at:
- Showell and Buckingham Elementary Schools (K-kids)
- Berlin Intermediate School and Stephen Decatur Middle School (Builders Clubs)
- Stephen Decatur Middle School (Key Club)
- WCDC Aktion Club
- We provide tuition for two students to attend a Kiwanis Leadership Outreach weekend retreat annually.
- Our members contribute weekly to the Priority One Pantry for Infants and Young Children
Community Agencies We Support through financial donations (This list varies from year-to-year.):
4 Steps Therapeutic Riding Program
Cedar Chapel Special School
Diakonia Emergency Shelter
Ocean City Parks & Recs Girls Basketball
Ocean Pines Concerts in the Park
Ocean Pines Summer Camp Scholarships
Operation We Care
Play-it-Safe Ocean City Program
Women's Life Crisis Center
Worcester County's CASA program
Worcester County's Veterans Memorial Children's Outreach Program
and many, many more!